LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Al1234

Floating probe windows in Options

Any idea that has received less than 2 kudos within 2 years after posting will be automatically declined.

Having to right click to probe a wire and then another right click in the probe watch window to 'open window' has been irritating me since LV2009!
Most of the time I just want a quick look and the old style floating probe window is ideal.
I recently found on LAVA a key 'openProbesInOwnWindows=True' for the LabVIEW.ini file that works perfectly.
Can this made accessible via 'Options'?

floating probe.png

3 Comments
chris_d754

A simple double click in the probe window will open the target VI for you. No need to right-click. Also, while running, a simple click on the wire will also put a probe there (granted you still have to right-click during edit time).

Al1234
Obviously floating probes appearing every time a probe is created will soon become cumbersome since all the floating probes are modal. But I find it easier to close an unwanted floating probe than find it in the probe window and create it. (Even using a double click!) Try the switch and see what you think! Maybe it’s time for some suggestions for a revamp of the probes and debugging generally?
Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 2 kudos within 2 years after posting will be automatically declined.