LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
P@Anand

Export probe values to a file

Any idea that has received less than 4 kudos within 4 years after posting will be automatically declined.

It would be very nice if we have an option for saving/exporting the probe data to a .csv file or .txt file. It would be very easy to check the values when the data are exported to file when we have lot of data in the probe.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
6 Comments
altenbach
Knight of NI

I think you can already create a custom probe that can do that.

P@Anand
Trusted Enthusiast

I haven't used used it but will that log all kind of data types?. I thought it would be much simpler if we have an option handy to do it while debugging a large code. I felt this option when I was dealing with more than 10 probes and comparing each and also a single file can hold all the data that is present at that instant.

-----

stbe
Active Participant

as altenbach already pointed out, custom probes can be used for that.

a custom probe is just a VI with a predefined connector pane and you can do (program) anything in it - also logging your data to text files. see here 

-Ben

I understand the use of custom probe but that will not be handy to store the data that we are seeing it currently we may have to add/remove probe while debugging so I don't think its handy to create logic to store data instead just clicking Save/Export to file will be a handy one.

-----

X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

If you Right-Click on the left panel of the Probe Watch Window, you have a "Copy Data" menu item which you can use to then paste the data in the same type of container on a blank VI for instance. If your data type has a correspondig control type with an "Export to Clipboard" contextual menu item (say a Graph), you can do what you want. Otherwise, you can quickly wire up some code to save it to file (or save the whole VI after setting this dat as the default).

But I agree with you. In fact, I would argue with others that an "Export to Clipboard" (or to file, but clipboard is fine with me) contextual menu item for pretty much ANY control would be an awesome addition. And that would immediately propagate to probes, wouldn't it?

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 4 kudos within 4 years after posting will be automatically declined.