From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smmarlow

Expand the Source value of events to include Value (Signaling)

Any idea that has received less than 3 kudos within 3 years after posting will be automatically declined.

Add a new Value (Signaling) value to the source output of events to distinguish between manual user actions (LabVIEW UI) and Value (Signaling) property node writes.  I realize the property node is part of the LabVIEW UI, so front panel edits and Value (signaling) write both produce a souce value of 0 (LabVIEW UI), but there still should be a way to distinguish between the two.  I often find myself wanting or needing to handle the value change differently based on whether or not vlaue is input manually or whether it originated from a Value (Signaling) write, as when a program is running in manual, or "auto" mode.

22797i7E86DED231F470EC

2 Comments
Mads
Active Participant

It would not hurt of course...so why not. To me the whole point of the value (signaling) feature though is to be able to run the same code as when a manual change has happened. If I need a different code then I use a user event.

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 3 kudos within 3 years after posting will be automatically declined.