From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PalanivelThiruvenkadam

Event Inspector Window needs to Front Most

It will be good if we have event inspector window as same as Probe watch window in new screen.

so that user will trigger the event in the front panel and also can view the inspetor window

This option will be easy for the user to watch the event as soon as its been triggered without opening the New windpw separately.

Event Inspector Window.PNG

It wil  be good if we have Most Likely same as Probe watch widow.

It will be useful during debugging.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4 Comments
X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

I am actually not a big fan of the top focus for the Probes window. I find it useful to move it off to a second screen (I would use 3 if I had enough connections on my laptop). I don't think I would want to fend off more than one...

PalanivelThiruvenkadam
Active Participant

Basically Event inspector window is to Notify the user that particular event is been triggered along with few parameters of it.

So in that case again the user dont want to select the window to watch the the event after triggering the input to the system.

if its in frontmost the realtime action and reaction can be monitored simultaneouly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PalanivelThiruvenkadam
Active Participant

Event Inspector Window behaviour as Floating

AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

Never mind. Misread the request. Still, kudos.