Thank you

Dany

LabVIEW ChampionArchitect
4 Comments
tst
Knight of NI Knight of NI
Knight of NI

If I understand you correctly, you have 3 separate suggestions here:

1. Give the ability to hide the text. This already exists - right click and uncheck Visible items>>Error Explanation Text.
  2. Add an error in input to the ring. I'm assuming you're suggesting that if there's an error in, the ring will output that instead of its own error. I don't think that's relevant, really, because the ring is basically supposed to act as a constant and constants aren't modified by inputs.
  3. If the description is hidden, show it in a tip strip when hovering. I'd buy that, but I think it needs to be a separate idea.

> Give the ability to hide the text. This already exists - right click and uncheck Visible items>>Error Explanation Text.

Thank you to pointing that, I didn't thought to look at this place

> the ring is basically supposed to act as a constant and constants aren't modified by inputs.

Your right, my mistake

> If the description is hidden, show it in a tip strip when hovering. I'd buy that, but I think it needs to be a separate idea.

In fact I just saw that the information appear in the context Help, so there is no need to add this feature.

So finally Aristo did a really good job 🙂 ...

LabVIEW ChampionArchitect
JÞB
Knight of NI

> If the description is hidden, show it in a tip strip when hovering. I'd buy that, but I think it needs to be a separate idea.

In fact I just saw that the information appear in the context Help, so there is no need to add this feature

And don't forget you can "Explain Error" to get the detailed discription of the error code.  A menu shortcut for Explain error helps for this. (I use ctrl+!)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Already Implemented
Already implemented in LabVIEW 2012