LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xl600

Enhancements to the sampling probe (FPGA)

Any idea that has received less than 5 kudos within 5 years after posting will be automatically declined.

The sampling probe (FPGA simulation mode) is extremely handy for quick testing of FPGA algorithms.  It's clunky though and needs some enhancements.

1.  Align signal names to waveforms under all circumstances.  Currently, the alignment is all over the place, especially when zooming.

2.  Fix the zoom feature!  Currently, the zoom in and out behave in random ways.  Sometimes zooming vertically, sometimes only horizontally.

3.  Merge the zoom in/out buttons into a single "Horizontal zoom" where the shift or ctrl keys alter the in/out.

4.  Add a dedicated vertical zoom button which will also zoom the space between signal names so alignment is assured.

5.  Increase the highlite effect on the selected waveform.  It's hard to see.

6.  Add the ability to save probe configuration so the probe doesn't have to be rebuilt every time.  I've often found myself adding upwards of 20 signals and hate having to re-add those (In the same order) whenever the window gets closed.

5 Comments
blue_cortina

Agree with these suggestions. You don't have to use it for very long before you see the effects mention in 1 and 2, and the need for 6 comes very shortly after that.

It's a useful tool but not very professional. I've only used it for a couple of days and have seen it crash in several different ways. I think making it more robust should be done if this development environment is intended for use in industry.

kumarasova

can you please post an example showing how to access and use the FPGA simulation mode. I am finding it hard to see any sources.

wiebe@CARYA
Knight of NI
can you please post an example showing how to access and use the FPGA simulation mode.

This is off topic. This is the idea exchange.

I am finding it hard to see any sources.

Tried google?

kumarasova

The chance of finding this thread is zero, if I had not googled.

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 5 kudos within 5 years after posting will be automatically declined.