LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alex5

Editor option for nested diagram background color

I think there should be an editor option to color the background of structures (while loop, for loop, case, event, etc), based on nesting depth (e.g. only at odd levels), that doesn't have to be saved with the VI, and therefor isn't forced on everyone, but is "opt in" based.

Rationale: I have occasionally seen people color the background of alternating nested structures. My annoyance with it is that there is no standard. One person colors every structure a different random color, another person carefaully uses a single shade of blue for the alternating diagrams, most people don't do either. I think that the option should be a local editor optiion. Like the "show constant folding of wires" option. That way, those that want it, can have it on all the VIs they look at, and those that don't care, can leave it off.

pic.png

3 Comments
AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

Near duplicate:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Ability-to-change-default-color-style-of-block-diagram...

(Leave the idea open because not an exact match.)

Manzolli
Active Participant

I think that the big differences here are automation and the odd/even coloring. If the user removes a diagram in the middle the system will change the color of the internal ones automatically. Shade of blue, light gray are nice. As an option woul do no harm because it can be turned off and each one chooses the prefered color when it's on.

André Manzolli

Mechanical Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Developer - CLD
LabVIEW Champion
Curitiba - PR - Brazil
JCC_(SK)
Active Participant