LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
550nm

Double-click on event source to accept and close "Edit Events" dialog.

Most of the time when I add an event it's a "Value Change" type - the default type.  I usually double-click on the Event Source wanting the dialog to accept the selection and close.  Since double-click (on event source) is currently ignored, why not treat it as if the "OK" button was pressed?

3 Comments
RavensFan
Knight of NI

I don't think there is anything logical or intuitive about double-clicking on a specific element such as that one within a fairly complicated dialog to cause it to close the dialog.  I can't think of any dialog example in any other program out there that would behave that way.

I think it would be more likely that someone would accidentally double-click on that element and then be completely surprised that the dialog box disappeared.

X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

I must admit I have reacted like the OP in the past.

An example where a double-click accepts the selection and closes the dialog box is the file browser in Windows.

To the tired brain, the list of events looks a lot like a windows explorer list.

I am going to give this idea a one year lease, but I will not campaign or do telemarketing for it.

550nm

I confess I'm not sure why the double-click to accept&close seems "intuitive". I think I just realized that it often works, and began doing it.  The "New..." dialog and the "NI Example Finder" dialog interpret double-click as select&close - and these are not the only examples just within the LabVIEW IDE.

Try it, you'll like it!Smiley Wink