LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
sriveni

Displaying Tab Page Names in the Block Diagram when accessing the Local Variables

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined. 

Hi

In the block diagram, it would be helpful if LabVIEW can display the full link or name of tab page when accessing the local variables . This is very useful if we have multiple controls with same variable names on different tab pages.

I am not sure if there is any idea submitted on this, I could see idea which I had thought of adding.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/direct-access-to-a-data-structur-of-a-Global-or-Local-...

Tab Control.png

Thanks

2 Comments
Intaris
Proven Zealot

I would, as a reflex, say that you shouldn't have multiple controls or indicators with the same Label.  You can give them different Labels and then display the Caption to let them share any common text.

Some internal functions use a control name to get or set values and these will NOT work reliably if controls or indicators share labels, therefore it is generally discouraged.

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined.