From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hepcat

Different size options for VI's

Available in LabVIEW NXG 1.0. You can resize a VI connector pane to have any number of 10-pixel terminals along the length and height of the node. The standard sizes used by most built-in nodes in LabVIEW NXG are 30x30, 40x40, and 50x50, but you are not prohibited from creating any 10(n)x10(n) connector pane.

I looked and couldn't find this.  I'd like to be able to make VI's larger and sometimes longer.  Picture says it all.  I think it would make organizing/simplifiying block diagrams easier and allow important sub VI's to stand out.  Block diagrams look like printed circuit assembles and the chips aren't all the same size because some (like the CPU) need more connections.

LabVIEW Idea.png

4 Comments
RavensFan
Knight of NI

Not quite the same thing, but right now if you do need a subVI to take up more space on the block diagram, right click and uncheck View as Icon.  Turns it into a function that looks like an Express VI that is yellow instead of blue.  It is definitely larger, and is expandable at the bottom if you want to expose the connectors more and show their names.

X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

There is something like this in the abilities showcased in Next Gen Preview:

Screen Shot 2017-02-16 at 13.10.32.png

giving this on the diagram:

Screen Shot 2017-02-16 at 13.13.35.png

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: In Development

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Completed

Available in LabVIEW NXG 1.0. You can resize a VI connector pane to have any number of 10-pixel terminals along the length and height of the node. The standard sizes used by most built-in nodes in LabVIEW NXG are 30x30, 40x40, and 50x50, but you are not prohibited from creating any 10(n)x10(n) connector pane.