LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
Naveen2411

Diagram Disable Structure with Selector Terminal as optional access

In Diagram Disable Structure, if there is an option provides "Selector Terminal" that could help to control programmatically. This could be optional selection in RCM (Right Context Menu).

Connecting Enable/Disable as Constant/Control to Case Structure would not do all purpose as the functionally of Diagram Disable Structure Enable/Disable individual does.

Diagram Disable Structure have unique behaviour if this Selector Terminal is given as optional that will add even more vale to the same.

As programmer myself felt that why do this be controllable, because while developing big codes we use to much of diagram disable structure , when we are suppose to change to Enable or Disable, I has to search for around my code. If this has controllable option that help to do my work even more efficient specially while testing code. 

yrfj.png

5 Comments
crossrulz
Knight of NI

But you can have many disabled cases, all with different code in them.  So for this idea to work, you would actually need to name your cases.  At that point, just use a case structure and the LabVIEW compiler will take care of it from there.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

crossrulz nailed the answer. The Case Structure eliminates unreachable frames. If you're selecting based on some sort of enum name or key value, use that. If you have many structures that you need to flip as a block, look to the Conditional Disable Structure.

Naveen2411

To Crossrulz,AristosQueue,

Naming is cases are available in all structure but will not really solve my problem

There is beautiful functionality in diagram disable structure is that in Disable Case it doen’t matter whether all terminal are connect or it could be any of error this will not show as Block Diagram Error / Broken Arrow. Where as in case structure am suppose 

to clear types of error.

And how do LabVIEW Compiler will take care.

Conditional Disable Structure are used under different conditions and this will not work in the scenario what am looking at. 

crossrulz
Knight of NI

Conditional Diagram Disable Structures are actually perfect for your use case.  You can create your own symbols inside of the project and then you can enable/disable all of your structures from a single place in the project properties.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined