LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
Soenke

Development of an Intelligent Debugger

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined. 

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

it would be greatful, if it will be possible to develop an intelligent debugger, that has the following functionality:

Looking for an error and jump automatically to the VI, where the error occurs, without setting a breakpoint, to find the VI with the failure significant faster.

With kind regards Sönke

4 Comments
JÞB
Knight of NI

First, the if the VI cannot be compiled (due to some bug existing) clicking the Run Arrow does list all reasons the the vi is broken and clicking an error will bring you to the code in question.   So, I am geussing you want something that finds compileable code with questionable construction.  We call that the VI Analyzer and it finds many sources for bugs.  Were you looking for an additional tool? 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Albert.Geven
Trusted Enthusiast

In fact you are asking for something as a global break on detecting an error cluster filled with an error. Is that what you mean?

greetings from the Netherlands
Soenke

I mean, that if an error occured I get a error message, with the path where the error occured but I have to search the VI with the error in my project and it will be great, if the VI-Frontpanel will automatically called after the error occured

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined.