LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Warner

Create Help File and Help file editor

Any idea that has received less than 3 kudos within 3 years after posting will be automatically declined.

I've been working 3 days on creating a help file for a production test program. It would really be nice if Labview could export all of the indicators and controls with their descriptions into a help file editor so all I had to do is arrange items and create links, table of contents and indexes. I'm still cutting and pasting my exported descriptions into HelpScribble and still have to add the graphics.

5 Comments
Norbert_B
Proven Zealot

It seems to me that this feature is (at least at a part) already available. You can use the Print tool (file >> print) to create for instance an html report of the VI which you can use as a template for your helpfile.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Warner

Yes you can and that's what I'm cutting and pasting from.

AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

What additional would you want us to do if we created a "print as help file" option? Can you list specifics?

Warner

How about exporting the contex sensitive help to a help project file. Maybe something that could be worked on in HTML Help Workshop. Just looking for an easy way to turn my documentation into a decent looking help file. It may be that I'm just not familar enough with creating help files. On my last project I figured no one uses user manuals anymore and so I would put my effort into a detailed Help.chm and it turned into a project of its own.

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 3 kudos within 3 years after posting will be automatically declined.