From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
Blokk

Copy diagram to case (extra option next to the "Swap Diagram With Case")

I often have a Case structure, where I have all the cases created, but they are empty. I start to work on a case, and to speed up the work, I would like to copy the same content to another case, for further modification. I know I can just use the "Duplicate Case" option, but in this way I have more extra steps to do: either typing in or copy/pasting in the selector label of the target case, plus I need to delete the original case (since in this way I will end up two cases with same selector labels).

If we had an option via right click: "Copy diagram to case", this would make all this just much faster and easier!

copy_diagram_tocase.png

9 Comments
Mythilt

A Plugin could most likely be written to do this if desired.

Jon D
Certified LabVIEW Developer.
Blokk
Trusted Enthusiast

Could you direct me pls how I can make such plugin?

AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

Instructions for writing new right-click menu options are at the bottom of this page under the heading

"Creating Shortcut Menu Plug-Ins"

https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361M-01/lvhowto/shortcutmenuplugins_intro/

Note: Just because this can be written as a customer plug-in does not negate the idea of LabVIEW adding this ability natively. The idea remains open for comments and kudos.

crossrulz
Knight of NI

LabVIEW Shortcut Menu Plug-Ins

and somewhere in there is the instructions: Read This First

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Blokk
Trusted Enthusiast

Thanks for links!

X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

What about the Search function?

This is a duplicate of a duplicate... found looking for "Duplicate Case":

Add "Copy Case Contents To" right-click menu

new feature "copy case for every value"

Blokk
Trusted Enthusiast

What about the Search function?

I am sorry, before my post I only did a quick search, for sure I failed it, since I did not see those ones you show.

edit: so label this Idea as "duplicate", I voted for the other idea behind your link.

X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

No worries. It just sounded familiar, so I looked for something similar and had no problem finding it.

Darren
Proven Zealot