LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senthil_Prakash

Copy and Paste elements in Cluster

When we try to copy and paste a element in the cluster constant its not replacing its added as the new element.but it working well in the control and indicator

The figure explains the problem

Replace elements in cluster constant.png

Senthil Prakash S
Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer
8 Comments
Manzolli
Active Participant

Looks like a problem to be fixed, not a suggestion of a new feature.

André Manzolli

Mechanical Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Developer - CLD
LabVIEW Champion
Curitiba - PR - Brazil
Darren
Proven Zealot

Paste-Replace is currently only a front panel feature. The fact that it hasn't been implemented on the block diagram is more of a feature request than a bug. I would say this idea post is suggesting that paste-replace work on the block diagram as well. Which I agree with.

ToeCutter
Active Participant

Kudos- this has given me a lot of headache recently. BD should behave like FP.

Intaris
Proven Zealot

Kudoed the idea of paste-replace working the same on the BD as it does on the FP.

Senthil_Prakash

Whether this idea will be fixed in the latest version of LabVIEW

Senthil Prakash S
Senthil_Prakash

Most of us faced this issue please give more kudos so that it will be done soonSmiley Happy

Senthil Prakash S
AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

So what you're saying is that you have a cluster that isn't a typedef and you're having trouble using it. Sounds like the solution to me is to make it a typedef... then you'd be editing its type on the front panel! 🙂

Ok, joking aside... I agree constants and controls should function the same. This isn't my area of the code so I don't know how to address this myself, but I like the idea.

Even so... make it a typedef. Always. 🙂

X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

@AQ: sure, but when it is easier to create the typedef on the block diagram (because that's where the data structure exists initially)? I was about to submit the same idea for that specific case (on my way to create a typedef, but the initial structure was easier to create on the block diagram - I had to create a few controls to go around this limitation).