LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Richard_Ha

Control + A in Documentation Field

The control C + V work for copying and pasting in the documentation fields, but for some (infuriating) reason the control + A doesn't. Smiley Mad

6 Comments
AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

What would you expect ctrl+A to do? I'm guessing you think "select all", but ctrl+a doesn't work in any string control anywhere in LabVIEW. Is this a more general request for ctrl+A to work in all text boxes, or is there some particular difference to the Documentation field compared to other data entry points?

Richard_Ha

I guess on the front panel and block diagram it behaves as expected by selecting everything, but the documentation field I'd expect it to behave as a regular text box and select all the text, as there aren't any other items to select?

elset191
Active Participant

I'd say this is a subset of VI documentation upgrade

What Aristos mentions is an idea here, and I think I've seen it elsewhere too.

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

Where as the actual logic that applies is that in the documentation, there's no *objects* to select, so it does nothing. 🙂

Your request is not a bad request, but I would suggest it is broader than currently written... applying to any running text box. I'll add my kudos.

Richard_Ha

Yes I agree, just been playing with what ctrl+a does  on the front panel.

If you're in a text box I'd expect it to select all the text, same for numerics. If nothing has the focus then it should select all the objects on the FP or BD.

fabric
Active Participant

Triple-click inside a text box will select everything. That is a pretty decent workaround until we get Crtl-A Smiley Happy