From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matt.baker

Connector pane double click terminal jumps to control

Suggestion: Double clicking a connected terminal on the connector pane highlights and jumps to the connected control. This would be useful for controls that are off screen or hidden.

Similar behavior to double clicking the associated terminal/icon on the block diagram, where it automatically repositions the front panel's view.

Suggestion.jpg

Using LV2018 32 bit

Highly recommended open source screen capture software (useful for bug reports).

https://getsharex.com/
4 Comments
PaulG.
Active Participant

I would like the control highlighted when the cursor passes over it's terminal on the connector pane but this is a start.

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

Related ideas:

Glyphs on Controls and Indicators if used on connector pane

(my comment in it is similar to your suggestion)

Clicking on the connector pane should make hidden controls partially visible 

Connector Pane: Show position of selected controls/indicators

etc...

All found by searching for "Connector Pane".

BTW, I hate the "similar" feature that you are referring to as it has no "undo" associated with it, which means that you can completely ruin the centering of your panel if you are not cautious (not even mentioning hidden controls). Implementing your suggestion as is would result in the same problem. I would not recomment that...

altenbach
Knight of NI

I generally hate it if the front panel is pannned by some other action, because it messes up the carefully selected origin.

I won't support this idea until we have something like this implemeneted. 🙂

matt.baker
Active Participant

I too used to get annoyed with the pane origin moving, but I now controll it programatically at the start of execution. I base all of my UIs at X0, Y0.

For every front panel that I display to the user, I use the following sub VI near the start.

Pane origin to zero.vi

Pane origin to zero.png

Although it would make sense if there was a way to do this from the menu in edit mode.

Using LV2018 32 bit

Highly recommended open source screen capture software (useful for bug reports).

https://getsharex.com/