LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rnigro

Connector Pane Context Menu Find Terminal

Right-Clicking on a connector in the connector pane brings up a context menu.  This menu should have the same "Find Terminal" option as if you click on the FP object.  This will provide quick access to the Terminal especially if the FP object is hidden.

Connector Pane Find Terminal.png

6 Comments
elset191
Active Participant

There is at least one similar idea on the exchange.

Connector pane double click terminal jumps to control

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
rnigro

That idea has you jump to the object on the FP.  If the object is hidden, you still can't get to the Terminal since trying to right-click on a hidden object doesn't bring up a context menu.

altenbach
Knight of NI

> There is at least one similar idea on the exchange

Not really (Terminal != Control).

It is more similar to this idea, which seem a more intuitive way to use the connector pane from the diagram window. It is better to connect terminals from the diagram, because front panel controls are sometimes out of view and we don't want to mess up the alignment on the FP.

elset191
Active Participant

@rnigro wrote:
That idea has you jump to the object on the FP.  If the object is hidden, you still can't get to the Terminal since trying to right-click on a hidden object doesn't bring up a context menu.

Indeed.  I didn't read the idea properly. 

Incidentally, you may be interested in this idea.  (Plus the one altenbach snuck in there)

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
rnigro

I support both of those ideas.  I just that this idea might be a simpler one to implement over those.

Smiley Wink

Jose_O.

Same should be added the other way around.  We need a quick way to find the control/indicator on the connector.