LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daklu

Configurable hotkeys for user quickdrop plugins

Available in NI LabVIEW 2010

I love the new quickdrop plugins!  I've written a few that I use all the time.  (Reset front panel to origin, emergency abort vis, etc.)  The only thing I don't like is the requirement to name the plugin the same as the letter that will activate it.  Since my 'q' plugin and 'shft-q' plugin have to reside in the same vi, it is a bit harder to share plugins with others.

I would like to have the ability to give the plugins a descriptive name and have a configuration utility where I can assign hotkey combinations to each of my plugins.

6 Comments
AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

You mean like this? Only with name configuration also?

Write Your Own Quick Drop Keyboard Shortcuts in LabVIEW 2009

http://labviewartisan.blogspot.com/2009/08/write-your-own-quick-drop-keyboard.html

Message Edited by Aristos Queue on 08-20-2009 05:34 PM
Daklu
Active Participant

Yep, that is the quickdrop plugin functionality I'm referring to.  (Good job squeezing the advert in there.  😄  )

If by "name configuration" you mean being able to arbitrarily assign a hotkey combination to a named plugin, then yes, that is exactly what I would like to see.

Darren
Proven Zealot

Just now seeing this post.  Coming up with a more customizable interface for the plugins (i.e. something better than just VI Name = shortcut key) is on my to-do list, but I don't know if I'll be able to make it for 2010.  If we could get more kudos on this idea maybe that will buy me some dev time!  😛

-D

Wonger
Status changed to: In Development

Wonger
Status changed to: In Beta

Laura F.
Active Participant
Status changed to: Completed
Available in NI LabVIEW 2010