LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rakesh1983

Complete development environment. Not (IDE)

Any idea that has received less than 3 kudos within 3 years after posting will be automatically declined.

Hi All,

I come from an embedded background.

I came across this Idea when I became more and more comfortable using the LabVIEW. It would be good to develop a system not only for testing, control and/or industrial purposes. We can have this as an exclusive development environment not only to develop applications on the desktop or embedded devices but also at the OS(or the system level) level. As more and more cloud computing is catching up these days there could be also a support for JVM or a new virtual machine can be developed which is more close to assembly level so that the speed is not compromised and platform independent code can be developed using labview. If its a proprietary issue then a complete development environment right from applications till the core of the OS can be touched using labview. LabVIEW can be made to use in such a way that even the basic coding need not be done, it can be a complete replacement for the scripting or a language. It should be in such a way that a new standalone system can be developed using only Labview just like C. Ubuntu is catching up these days as an intelligent system as it has got a lot of potential to grow to all the computer users so a support for that as well can be developed which is directly compiled to assembly rather than C or any other language. I know the Idea is quite complicated but I think this can make a revolution in the software development as a new language which directly goes in as assembly to the machines.

Thanks

Rakesh

3 Comments
தமிழ்நேரம்

LabVIEW-Abstraction.png

அன்புடன்
தமிழ் நேரம்
முதல் இந்திய ஆய்வுமெகபொப சிற்பி
சோதனைநிறுத்தம் சிற்பி
மற்ற சான்றிதழ்கள்
யாதும் ஊரே! யாவரும் கேளிர்!!

தமிழ்நேரம்

The above image is taken from one of the NI LabVIEW Launch Videos. I believe LabVIEW is already reached that level you expect. The RTE (runtime engines) are equivalent to JVM. We can develop platform independent LabVIEW code if we take care of any operation which is OS dependent in the conditional disable structure.    Stand alone systems can also be build only using LabVIEW ( LabVIEW for RT target). 

அன்புடன்
தமிழ் நேரம்
முதல் இந்திய ஆய்வுமெகபொப சிற்பி
சோதனைநிறுத்தம் சிற்பி
மற்ற சான்றிதழ்கள்
யாதும் ஊரே! யாவரும் கேளிர்!!

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 3 kudos within 3 years after posting will be automatically declined.