Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
ouadji

Comparison mode

6 Comments
Mads
Active Participant

That's true, and I'm sure it can be confusing, especially for beginners.

I like it the way it is though. In cases where you have decided to change the code to work on arrays, this allows you to start such a process by changing the mode of the equal sign - then change the inputs. It does not enforce you to do it the other way around. I like that kind of freedom when I'm coding.Smiley Happy

Manzolli
Active Participant

How about be grayed out when connected to simple objects? You cannot change, but you don't need.

André Manzolli

Mechanical Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Developer - CLD
LabVIEW Champion
Curitiba - PR - Brazil
ouadji
Trusted Enthusiast

@ManzolliHow about be grayed out when connected to simple objects? You cannot change, but you don't need.

+1

AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

This is deliberate. In general, LabVIEW tries to not insist on the order in which you change your code. This is not a universal thing, but it is something we try to adhere to when possible. Just because you are wired with scalars at the moment does not mean that you're going to change to arrays as your next action after changing the comparison mode. It depends on the order of operations in your head. When we combined that use case with the use case of wanting to retain behaviors of nodes through copy/paste and the use case of avoiding resetting to a "compare elements" just because type prop happened to send a scalar down the wire while you were doing some upstream edit, we decided that the option should always be available.

ouadji
Trusted Enthusiast

Thank you AristosQueue for explaining why things are the way that they are.

From this point of view ... ok, understood, i agree.

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined