From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Manzolli

Comparison Palette Better order

Very simple idea that can make locating the basic comparison functions more efficient (first two lines). Changing the order putting each comparison function and his counterpart below him would make easier to find the desired one.

Now: Comparison palette.png        Proposed: Comparison palette - rearranged.png

André Manzolli

Mechanical Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Developer - CLD
LabVIEW Champion
Curitiba - PR - Brazil
7 Comments
altenbach
Knight of NI

The operations are also well sorted in the original: all binary operations in the first line and all unary operations (with implied zero) in the second line. You are actually scrambling things more in your proposed solution. I would suggest a small correction: at least place all unary operations in the upper right quadrant (move the =0 and !=0 to the fourth column)..

Manzolli
Active Participant

Great! I did not payed attention to that. Thx!

Comparison palette - rearranged 2.png

André Manzolli

Mechanical Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Developer - CLD
LabVIEW Champion
Curitiba - PR - Brazil
altenbach
Knight of NI

Of course we also need to double-check if all this works correctly in all possible palette views. I have not studied this in detail.

fabric
Active Participant

I like it.

I've always found the existing palette difficult to navigate. Arranging items in vertical pairs feels *so* much better. Kudos for the Altenbach refinement.

Neil.Pate
Active Participant

Great idea Darren,

I also like altenbach's suggestion.

JÞB
Knight of NI

I Like it.  But swap "Less than" and "Less than or Equal" to maintain the "inverse under"  feel of the first two rows

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Anthony_de_Vries

I don't see the big advantage...    

In the original way, you align binary and unary on a row, with comparable operators vertically aligned.

In the new way, you group binary and unary in two distinct groups, and keep the order similar.

I prefer the original way.  There's more connection between binary and unary.  I think it's easier to find the unary functions, because they're located directly under the binary ones with the same functionality.

I.e...   it's easier to spot the > and then select the >0 under it, then searching directly for the >0