LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
M.St

Colored flags for every item in the project explorer

Any idea that has received less than 5 kudos within 5 years after posting will be automatically declined.

Hi all!

A potential new feature?...

Currently we are not able to give a VI or an other element in the project explorer a flag to indicate it's working status. The easiest way is to show a flag or a checkbox in the row of the item. The flag should be in user defined colors.

This would be very helpful to set up drivers from a template, or in every case we have to update a project.

To simple to implement?

Please vote to change the world ;o)

Best regards,

M.St

5 Comments
altenbach
Knight of NI

What do you mean by "working status"? (e.g. running, reserved, edit mode, run mode, broken, missing, something else, ... etc.)

Could you clarify? Thanks!

M.St
Do you know the ratings in some photo editors? I`m talking about an indication to manually set a small icon like a flag. No automatic is needed. If you have a large project it is helpful to identify the status of finishing. Especially if this can't be finished in one day.
AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

A useful idea. Definitely one I've never heard before... and that takes imagination at this point. Kudos.

M.St

See this picture as a simple example of my idea...

LabVIEW Project Item Flags.png

It's also possible to give the user a set of different shapes like checks, colored circle, exclamation points, user defined letters or numbers.....

Make a comment for your shape idea

...and don't forget to give Kudos Smiley Wink

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 5 kudos within 5 years after posting will be automatically declined.