LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
PDG

Collect data files from around the world to one corporate location automatically and easily.

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined.

I have 208 data producing test stations, located in 10 different labs in 4 different countries.

I need an easy way to copy or move the files from the test stations, to a lab data computer, to a “web service” to a master global data base in the US.

Within each test lab I am thinking a network shared drive.

However, getting the files from China, Taiwan and Germany to the US automatically is challenging.

I am thinking that a web service like “amazon web services” would work.  But setting it up and programming it into LabVIEW is more challenging than it should be. 

It would be really nice if Nation Instruments would create a simple easy solution to do this.

3 Comments
RavensFan
Knight of NI

I don't think this is the kind of thing National Instruments should be working on.  There are other companies out there who specialize in networking and replication and synronization of files between multiple locations.

Microsoft has the OneDrive application that can do this.  I'm sure there are others.

PDG
Thanks for the idea. Google drive is working. One drive would have worked too however, the company kind of has that locked up already.
Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined.