LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kjell-E

Collapsible "Comment" or "Note" Field for block diagram

[FORUM: The below message is a copy of what I submitted on NI's feature request page, but I figured I would see if people here think its a good idea?!!]

Hi!

I would like something similar to this:

In Multisim I can drop a "comment" on the schematic block diagram. This will allow me to type in a (lengthy) comment and when I click ok it drops a pin icon on the schematic page.

To show the comment, mouse over it or right click the pin and select "show" which will display comment field regardless of mouse-over status.

This feature would be great to drop in comments in dense sections of complicated code, such as nested loops where the inner loop/case might take up very little screen area, but it would allow me to do this without taking up much diagram space (except for when the comment is being displayed, at which point it should behave as a "on top/front" text field, covering code below it.).

I for one would use this A LOT when writing code, but I can hardly claim that it is more than a trivial necessity....?

---------------------------------------------------

Project Engineer
LabVIEW 2009
Run LabVIEW on WinXP and Vista system.
Used LabVIEW since May 2005

Certifications: CLD and CPI certified
Currently employed.
4 Comments
RavensFan
Knight of NI
It sounds like this Pop Up Comment on Block Digram
altenbach
Knight of NI
elset191
Active Participant
A penticlate of a quadplicate of a triplicate of a duplicate of the original idea
--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
muks
Proven Zealot
Is there a way to join them??