LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
evan1138

Check Glyph .PNG's on Load

Reported as CAR 365008.

Corrupt glyph .png's can and do cause all glyphs in icon editor to become invisible, or maybe produce other symptoms. The user then looks in many places and eventually fixes the problem by some kind of reinitialization or synching, but the underlying issue is not understood.

In a mature feature like glyphs I would expect a check-on-load action that would report corrupt files and save (some) users lots of effort.

3 Comments
Darin.K
Trusted Enthusiast

This is a bug IMO. Furthermore, it is the classic "Feed the Error Cluster into a Shift Register and never do anything about an error" bug. If you dig into the icon editor and find the LoadGraphics.vi which loads the files you will see what I am talking about. First time a bad file throws an error, game over and remaining Read From PNG (or other) operations simply error out.

Good news is that it is an easy fix. Furthermore, there is a comment on the BD "If we want to check the ghrapic (sic) and the path, this is the right place to do it." I say we do want to check, so how about doing it?

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined
Reported as CAR 365008.
Jeff-P
NI Employee (retired)

CAR 365008 discussed in this thread has been fixed in LabVIEW 2013. For a more complete list of bugs fixed in LabVIEW 2013, check the LabVIEW 2013 Bug Fixes. You can download an evaluation copy of LabVIEW 2013 at http://www.ni.com/trylabview/ or if you have an earlier version of LabVIEW installed and an active SSP subscription, you will be able to download the latest version of LabVIEW through NI Update Service.

Jeff Peacock

Product Support Engineer | LabVIEW R&D | National Instruments