LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GRNDRCHR

Change CRLF Mode on TCP/IP Read

Any idea that has received less than 8 kudos within 8 years after posting will be automatically declined.

It would be nice to see a string terminal added to the TCP/IP function so that you could choose which character set you would like the TCP/IP read to look for before ending its read.  Then instead of having the CRLF mode it would be called Character Search or something that would appropriately fit.  I have run into this being an issue when I have used a serial to TCP/IP converter because not all serial equipment sends a CRLF character such as Alicat Scientific Flow Meters and Controllers.  This came about because the converter does not buffer the data once a TCP/IP command is sent making it hard to build a loop that builds up a string of data one character at a time by setting the read byte count to one then looking for the control character and ending the loop when it is found.  This is because once a single byte read command is issued the device releases it's entire buffer and every thing after the first byte of data is lost.  Perhaps I have overlooked something. If I have please do not hesitate to let me know.
1 Comment
Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 8 kudos within 8 years after posting will be automatically declined.