Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matthias_H

Case structure with case sensitive/insensitive indicator

Available in LabVIEW 2015 and later

Hello,

this is NOT a duplicate of this one.

But I couldn't find a duplicate within a few minutes.

I'd like to have an indicator which shows if the case structure compares strings case sensitive or case insensitive:

Case Structure String Indicator

Regards

Matthias

18 Comments
elset191
Active Participant

I'm not sure if this idea has already been formally submitted, but it has definitely been discussed.  See the comments here

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Matthias_H

Hello,

maybe in the comments, but I don't know if NI will read all the comments or will only look at the idea post itself to mark it separately.

Regards

AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)
Matthias_H

OK, you're right!

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: In Beta

AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

We closed this one as a duplicate of the other idea, but the other idea is a broad concern that happens to mention this one specific case. We are fixing this one case. There is work being done on the other idea, but that will take longer. Thus we are leaving the other idea open and moving this one to In Beta.

AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

Assuming all goes as planned, LV 2015 will ship with the identifier as shown here:

Untitled.png

dthor
Active Participant

@AristosQueue

Why isn't the indicator near the case box? That would be a much more intuitive place for it...

Darren
Proven Zealot

We looked into several designs and placement alternatives. This was the one that we decided was the best alternative given usability concerns, implementation details, and developer resources.

dthor
Active Participant

@AQ:

Understandable. Thanks for the info.