LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senthil_Prakash

Case Structure cases preview

Instead Moving to cases instead selecting one by one every time,  whenever we highlight the cases it has to show the cases.  It will reduce the

programming or debugging time.

CASE STRUCTURE.png

Senthil Prakash S
Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer
10 Comments
jcarmody
Trusted Enthusiast

the CaseSelect Quick Drop plugin might help - https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-24058

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

tst
Knight of NI Knight of NI
Knight of NI

You can also scroll through the cases (and other multi-frame structures) by placing the mouse cursor inside the case structure and then holding control and using the mouse wheel.

As a part of LabVIEW it is means it should be better

Senthil Prakash S
AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

thiprakash: the way of moving through the frames without having to go to the drop ring is to use the mouse scroll wheel that tst mentioned. It provides the quick-flip functionality you're looking for.

I would like to close this idea. Does the mouse wheel meet your needs or is there some reason that you think this other behavior is needed? I ask because the basic behavior of a ring control is to not react until a new value is chosen; I do not think we should change the behavior of this one ring in all of LabVIEW. So if there's some need of yours that is not met currently, perhaps we could discuss other ways to fill that need.

Senthil_Prakash

Reason behind the idea is Let us consider I have to reach 25th case to do some code change, I need to know exact case number but some comment i have written If we start at 1 st case I have to scroll upto 25th case. If the preview is there without any mouse click just only pressing the case selector just placing over the ring items it easy to reach 25th case. One by one we have scroll with mouse wheel is much tedious

Senthil Prakash S
jcarmody
Trusted Enthusiast

You could edit the CaseSelect plugin to do that.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Senthil_Prakash

As a Part of LabVIEW its should be

Senthil Prakash S
AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

Senthil_Prakash: We provide ways to plug into LV because various users have various opinions on the value of features and this gives them a way to extend LV even when it does not strike R&D as a good idea. In this particular case, I think your position is sufficiently an outlier that you may want to explore the extension idea. And before you dismiss it as "not part of LabVIEW", there are plenty of features that you think of as part of LV that are built using our own extension mechanisms. I think it might be what you're looking for.

Senthil_Prakash

Even some opinion about not to be use this idea means better it will have some Enable/Disable option in Tools--> Options in Menu bar

Senthil Prakash S
JÞB
Knight of NI

I realize that I am late to the party here but would offer a suggested workaround.  Since each case has a comment (Right? You DO document your code don't you?) start the comments with a "#<Case Selector Label>" use the bookmark manager to instantly navagate the cases.  Hint: Group Bookmarks by VI

Then create a custom menu short-cut to view Bookmark Manager (I retasked Ctrl+# since I usually have grid allignment enabled anyway and toggled grid alignment with Ctrl+"+") it makes sense in my head.  Most of you will not want to go there.Smiley Very Happy

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay