LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
a911504820

Call Library Function Node

Any idea that has received less than 8 kudos within 8 years after posting will be automatically declined.

I suggest that LabVIEW Call Library Function Node added automatically identify input and output port functions. And automatically named. This function can save the queryinput and output ports of the time, speed up the development process. Or the same as this Express function:

No "parameters" page.

That's my want!

3 Comments
Dennis_Knutson
Knight of NI

It already does - Tools>Import>Shared Library.

AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

Tools >> Import >> Shared Library is not discoverable from inside the Call Library Function node. Perhaps we should have a button inside that dialog that says: "Tired of configuring this dialog box? Click the "IMPORT SHARED LIBRARY" button to do this for you!" Ok, the UI guidelines probably would frown on something that sales-like, but you get the idea.

PS: I would not close this idea as "Already Implemented" because the import system is isolated and what the user is asking for is a way to improve the configuration of the node's dialog, so in my opinion that means something should be done to either autofill that dialog or improve the findability of import.

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 8 kudos within 8 years after posting will be automatically declined.