From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JasonD_at_UML

Built-in False Color Schemes for Intensity Plot

Any idea that has received less than 10 kudos within 10 years after posting will be automatically declined.

I'd love to see a handful of built-in false-color colortable choices for the Intensity Plots.

I know there's programmatic control over these things - I wrote my own 4-5 years ago. But the black-blue-white should be one of several common selectable colorschemes.

I labeled my own as:

Greyscale B->W

Greyscale W->B

X-Ray

Yellow Hot

Rainbow

Rainbow #2

Fluorescent (green)

Blue Red Green 

Planet Earth

Perhaps one of the front panel (and Property node please) off of the Z-Axis submenu, listed by title.

I also have the ability to invert top/bottom or choose the color-inverse (photographic negative) for even more colors. 

Attached is a sample of some common colortables I routinely use.

2nd attachment is a snap of the VI I use to create the colors based on colortable constants.

3rd attachment is my messy but functional code (Block Diag of attachment 2)

3 Comments
slovintern

Hello,

I need to use this for a luminance plot. Is there a way to also display a something like a scale to show what colour means how much?

JasonD_at_UML

Hi slovintern,

I'd HIGHLY recommend you check out this site:

https://visualization.hpc.mil/colormaps/html/ (yes https)

It is a gorgeous web based utility for over 100 colortables. They've done a nice workup, and I believe luminance is in there someplace, maybe one of the graphs on the right.

You can also download their comprehensive list of the colortables. From there you can read in their values from file, default as different array constants, and have and entire pull-down list to apply to your Intensity Plot colortable or whatever else you had in mind.

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 10 kudos within 10 years after posting will be automatically declined.