LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hfettig

Build Specification Version Information

In the Build Specifications under Version Information one has the option of setting the Version Number of the build. Ther Version Number is of the form Major.Minor.Fix.Build.

There is an option to Auto Increment the Version Number. If this is selected the Build component of the Version Number is automatically incremented every time the specification is built.

I always use this setting since I can thereby tell the difference between builds. The major annoyance here is that although only the Build component is automatically updated all four controls are disabled and grayed when Auto Increment is selected. That means that every time I want to change the Major, Minor, or Fix part of the Version Number I have to uncheck Auto Increment, make my changes, and then re-check Auto Increment. More than once I have forgotton to re-check Auto Increment, which then screws  up my numbering scheme.

Idea: When Auto Increment is selected for the Version Number, only disable and gray out  the Build control. Leave the Major, Minor, and Fix controls enabled.

3 Comments
crelf
Trusted Enthusiast
Hey Heiko - do you revert the build number to 0 when you increment any of the other ones?  If so, then I don't see how this would work...

Copyright © 2004-2023 Christopher G. Relf. Some Rights Reserved. This posting is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.
waldemar.hersacher
Active Participant

During one Major number we count up the build. Counting up Minor or Fix will not reset build to 0.

That's the reason why I gave Kudos to this idea.

Waldemar

Using 7.1.1, 8.5.1, 8.6.1, 2009 on XP and RT
Don't forget to give Kudos to good answers and/or questions
hfettig
The way it currently works is that the number that is in the Build control before the build is incremented during the build. I don't advocate changing this behaviour. That way the user can reset the Build count whenever they want.