LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LabVU_Dog

Automatically include items from "Execution" page of VI Properties in the Help Window

Any idea that has received less than 4 kudos within 4 years after posting will be automatically declined.

Could NI please consider automatically including all the items from the "Execution" category of the VI Properties editor in the help window documentation. This would make it much easier to determine if priority/execution/thread setting is correct, and greatly help with reentrancy/INLINE status. That would be really useful for FPGA development, which selects reentrant by default, when other platforms do not. Currently, a LOT of mouse thrashing is required to confirm status of all subVIs.

3 Comments
Mr._Jim
Active Participant

Hi there,

For what it's worth, I requested at least part of what you're asking for back in January.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Show-Reentrancy-in-Context-Help/idi-p/2723353

I realize it's not all of the particulars about execution, but it's something.  I agree that it's cumbersome to determine reentrancy for several VIs.

fabric
Active Participant

See also this related idea to allow bulk viewing of execution properties from the project window.

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 4 kudos within 4 years after posting will be automatically declined.