LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dj3

Automate Installer Library Selection

Any idea that has received less than 3 kudos within 3 years after posting will be automatically declined.

One of the frustrating (and mystifying) things about Labview is that it doesn't seem to know what libraries it needs to compile an installer. I have to try and guess what libraries I am accessing and if I don't realise that one of the sub vis I used has used a function from the Math Kernel Library then I have to recompile the whole thing and do another test install. Depending on the size of the project and the machines that you are using, this can take a considerable chunk of time (on my machine that can be half an hour or more). It also selects a set of "standard" libraries to install, many of which I'm not using but I must take a guess as to which I don't need. Again, I won't know if a sub vi is accessing one of them until I actually try installing it.
Wouldn't it be great if Labview could look at it's own vi hierarchy and automatically include the libraries it accesses when you do a build - or at least tell you what you need like most other languages do. (Is there any others that don't?)

2 Comments
altenbach
Knight of NI

Similar idea.

(see also my comments in this discussion)

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 3 kudos within 3 years after posting will be automatically declined.