LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ken_Brey

Auto wire after selecting from pallette on right-click

Any idea that has received less than 4 kudos within 4 years after posting will be automatically declined.

If I right-click with the wiring tool on an output terminal and select a new item from the palette, LabView should assume that I would like to wire that new item to the place where I right-clicked.  If the item I selected has only one type-compatible input to the output I originally right-clicked, it should automatically make that wire connection when the new item is dropped.  Similarly, if I right-click on an input and select an item from the pallet, if there is only one compatable output on the item I selected, LabView should go ahead and wire that up when I drop the item.

2 Comments
Jesse_DMC

Nice, makes good sense to me.  I generally dislike the existing global autowire option, as I find that it results in too many undesired / uninformed attempted auto wires, and far too messy / bendy of wiring in general.  But the behavior you describe keeps things more deliberate and controlled - this would be a nice middle ground between having auto wiring entirely on or off.

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 4 kudos within 4 years after posting will be automatically declined.