From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JCC_(SK)

Auto-populating Folder working in LV Class and LV Library

Any idea that has received less than 7 kudos within 7 years after posting will be automatically declined.

It would be nice when Folder Auto-populating will populate VIs to LV Class (.lvclass) and to LV library (.lvlib).

When we use Folder Auto-populating in projects then project hierarchy match disk hierarchy. It would be great when class and lvlibrary hierarchy match too.

3 Comments
Mr.Mike
NI Employee (retired)

VIs need to be modified to be added to or removed from a class or library.  Your suggestion requires opening, changing, and (potentially) saving VIs when they're moved into an auto-populated folder.  When removing the file from the folder, LabVIEW would have no way of modifying the VI to say that it's not in the class or library anymore.

-- Mike
JCC_(SK)
Active Participant

It is OK,

when I add/remove VI to class/folder than I want add/remove VI to folder/class.

My Idea will accelerate developing time, and you could be sure that your hierarchy match.

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 7 kudos within 7 years after posting will be automatically declined.