LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
James.M

Auto-Wire Error Clusters Through Diagram Disable Structure

99% of the time when I use a Diagram Disable Structure, I am disabling code with an error cluster wired through. I don't want to lose the errors coming in, just the single operation, so I manually wire the error cluster through the empty case each time.

I've talked to others in the past about this and it would be nice for LabVIEW to be all-knowing and wire all datatypes through that match, but that would definitely lead to conflicts and mistakes. Error clusters, on the other hand, are simple are nearly always a single wire in and out.

Simply auto-wiring the error cluster input to the output would make the debugging process much easier.

Code with disabled operation:

Disable.PNG

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

1 Comment
James.M
Active Participant

I posted it with two more images of the suggestion, but they didn't show up...:

CurrentDisable.PNG NewDisable.PNG

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'