LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
P@Anand

Application Control Items - Replace without disturbing the connected wires

Issue fixed with Quick Drop Replace in LabVIEW 2015 and later. We have no further plans to address the issue with right-click Replace.

While replacing the Property nodes with Invoke node, Call by Reference, Start Asynchronous call and Wait on Asynchronus call, the primitives are shifting the origin disturbing the wires. So a cleanup is reaquired all the time whenever the items are replaced. It would be very helpful and infact time saving if this is corrected.

Place a Property Node in BD with the Error in and Out connected

PN-IN-Replace-1.PNG

Replace the Porperty Node with an Invoke Node

PN-IN-Replace-2.PNG

Repeat the same with other primitives

PN-IN-Replace-3.PNG

PN-IN-Replace-4.PNG

PN-IN-Replace-5.PNG

PN-IN-Replace-6.PNG

PN-IN-Replace-7.PNG

The same behaviour is not found when the Call by Reference, Start Asynchronous call and Wait on Asynchronus call primitives are replaced with one another.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
6 Comments
PaulG.
Active Participant

Another instance where LabVIEW aggravates OCD Smiley Surprised

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
Darren
Proven Zealot

Yeah, this one really bugs me. Your idea exchange post is motivating me to fix the issue with Quick Drop Replace, which has the same problem...

P@Anand
Trusted Enthusiast

Yeah, this one really bugs me. Your idea exchange post is motivating me to fix the issue with Quick Drop Replace, which has the same problem...

So we can expect some LabVIEW cleanup pretty soon!

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
Darren
Proven Zealot

Alrighty, I filed CAR 511000 on this issue (as it pertains to Quick Drop). Should be fixed in a future LabVIEW release.

AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

Unfortunately, fixing the C++ side requires significantly more effort, so non-quick drop replace isn't going to be fixed anywhere near as soon. Noted for future release consideration.

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Completed

Issue fixed with Quick Drop Replace in LabVIEW 2015 and later. We have no further plans to address the issue with right-click Replace.