LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ken_Brey

An option to lock the datatype of a tunnel

Any idea that has received less than 5 kudos within 5 years after posting will be automatically declined.

If I have a case statement with 40 cases and they all provide a value to an output tunnel, then when I wire one bad wire to that tunnel in one case, all 40 wires to that tunnel go bad.  If I accidently ctl-b the bad wires, then I have to re-wire 40 things.

I would like a right-click option on a tunnel to lock the datatype.  If I have locked the tunnel to the correct type, then when I wire a bad type to it, only the one wire will go bad, and if I ctl-b the system, I only lose the one bad wire.

5 Comments
elset191
Active Participant

Forgive me for being obvious, but your wording is making me.  Ctrl+z is easier than rewiring everything.  Assuming you're using LabVIEW >= V5.0

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
crossrulz
Knight of NI

You should know quickly when you wired the wrong thing.  Instead of Ctrl+B, you should just use Undo (Ctrl+Z).  Even still, I'm torn on this idea.  I'll have to give it a little more thought with the situations I have ran into.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Ken_Brey

Elset191 and Crossrulz,

Sometimes a lot of work gets done between making the wiring mistake and noticing it.  Some wires are very short.  The ctl-Z option would also eliminate that useful work.  I would like not to have to choose between these options.

Jokelnice
Active Participant

indeed, it may sometimes be useful.

Ing. Jonathan E. Cruz Ortiz

ENERGÍA PROACTIVA S.A.S

Cel : (+57) 3173669343 - (+57) 3124451894

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 5 kudos within 5 years after posting will be automatically declined.