LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matthew_Kelton

Allow structures to have a one-time auto grow

Any idea that has received less than 7 kudos within 7 years after posting will be automatically declined.

Kind of related to my frustration I mentioned in this idea, I would like to have a one time auto grow option for structures.  If  the structure is not set to auto grow, allow the user to select to Auto Grow once.

You can accomplish this now by turning on Auto Grow, then go back and turn it back off.

If my other idea was accepted, then this would also be a nice add-on that would override the global setting and do the one-time auto grow.

3 Comments
X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

What about a keyboard shortcut instead (like dropping an object with the shift key pressed would make the space required for the object to fit into the receiving structure)?

fabric
Active Participant

I'm surprised this idea doesn't have more votes!

I'd like to suggest a small addition to this idea, already hinted at in your linked post: That the one-time auto-grow be available as a method that would trigger a one-time auto-grow for ALL STRUCTURES in the active VI.

This would be really useful for me... I'm normally really good at managing my own space (lots of "CTRL+drag" of course)... but triggering a one-time auto-grow over the entire VI every once in a while would help to root out any BD objects that get hidden when a structure is inadvertently shrunk too much.

{Should this be a new idea? Not sure, but I'd love to see this concept get some more votes!)

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 7 kudos within 7 years after posting will be automatically declined.