LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
X.

Allow "Disconnect from Type Def" from a Control/Indicator terminal/local variable on the Block Diagram

Any idea that has received less than 3 kudos within 3 years after posting will be automatically declined.

Currently (LV 2013 SP1), this contextual menu option is only available for constants on the BD.

I see the difference between a constant and a terminal: the former doesn't have a counterpart on the FP, hence that is the only place you can perform this action.

But consider this: the Indicator is an output variable of the VI and is hidden somewhere in an invisible region of the FP which I don't want to have to scroll to, perform the "Disconnect from Type Def" and then go back and try to recover the initial layout of the FP.

Or this: you can use the "Make Type Def." contextual menu on a Control/Indicator terminal on the diagram.

Once this consistency issue is resolved, I'd suggest to expand this to local variables of said Control/Indicator, although unfortunately, there is no indication on a local variable that it is a Type Def, as there should.

1 Comment
Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 3 kudos within 3 years after posting will be automatically declined.