LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Davidek

Allow "Change to" for multiple objects of the same type

Today if you want to change for example a number of controls to indicators or constants you have to do it one by one. The only option you get when selecting multiple controls and right-clicking is "Properties"

Multiselect Props.png

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to change multiple at a time?

Multiselect Props.png

5 Comments
RavensFan
Knight of NI

I don't think that it would be something I would use often enough to make it worth the effort to develop.  If I had to change a few, it would only be a few.

I'm sure scripting and using the right click framework, a tool could be created easily enough to do this.

Davidek
Active Participant
I actually come up against this pretty regularly. I often create examples or PoCs for customers starting from shipping examples or previous work. This means that I have to change existing controls, constants or indicators to something else to fit new specs. However I see your point that in "normal" development work this might not come up that often.
Darin.K
Trusted Enthusiast

I am a right-click fan, and consider this a subset of my idea to add more options to the RCM when multiple objects are selected.  Basically, if an item appears in all of the individual RCMs (such as Change to Control) then it should appear in the RCM for the multiple item selection (IMO).

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/More-Right-Click-options-with-multiple-BD-objects-sele...

G-Money
NI Employee (retired)

This is the behavior currently because the shared object menu is for properties and not right-click menu options. The functionality presented in this idea is actually encompassed in Jack Dunaway's idea on Every Gui Programmers Dream. I am going to close this idea as duplicate since it is better represented in Jack's idea that has more kudos.

G-Money
NI Employee (retired)