LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sbus

Allow Windows-Style Sorting by Column in "Mark Project Items to Separate Compiled Code"

Any idea that has received less than 3 kudos within 3 years after posting will be automatically declined.

IMPROVEMENTS TO LabVIEW "Project Properties->Project->Separate Compiled Code...->Mark Existing Items" Dialog

Idea 1: Column Sort Options

When marking project items to separate compiled code, there are two columns: File, and Status. The "Mark Project Items..." list shows not only your VIs in the project; it also shows all the LabVIEW-provided  VIs your project uses. Locating (your) VIs to mark can be tedious for a large project.

If we could click on the column headings and have it sort (forward and backward order) in the same manner as columns do in the "Details" view of Windows Explorer, that would make it much easier to find what we're looking for. For instance, by clicking on the Status column, all Unmarked items could be made to appear first.

Idea 2: Seletively do NOT show LabVIEW-included VIs.

Another idea is to add a checkbox that would cause VIs included with LabVIEW (those not authored by ME) to NOT show up in the listing; only your (local) VIs in the project would show up. The checkbox might be labeled "Include local project items only".

This would allow you to more easily contol the separation of compiled code in your VIs without the necessity of looking at what NI did with theirs...

2 Comments
Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 3 kudos within 3 years after posting will be automatically declined.

kosist90
Active Participant

I guess this idea did not receive enough kudos, because at that time Separate Compiled code from source was not such a "popular" topic, I believe. It would be really nice feature to have - and quite simple...