LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
Senthil_Prakash

All Connection is needed in VI Terminals

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined.

All Connection is needed in VI Terminals as show in the figure below means good instead of doing one by one

vi terminal.png

Senthil Prakash S
Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer
9 Comments
AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

Go to Tools >> Options >> Front Panel and turn on "Connector pane terminals default to Required".

This won't help your current problem of fixing all those terminals, but it will keep the problem from happening again in the future. This option makes all new connections EXCEPT error in/out be Required by default.

While you're there, you can turn off "use the numbers 1-9 in the icons of new VIs". Speeds up your icon editing a lot to not have that extra glyph sitting down there, especially when you're working with libraries/classes because then your icon is blank right from the start.

Your idea is a reasonable request. I'm just suggesting this as a better workflow that will help you today.

Senthil_Prakash

Go to Tools >> Options >> Front Panel and turn on "Connector pane terminals default to Required

It works fine when you are building a new VI.

For changing the existing VI it will work fine

Senthil Prakash S
Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer
RavensFan
Knight of NI

Let's make sure the English is correct where it would say "All Connection Terminals Are >>>"

JÞB
Knight of NI

@ AQ

While you're there, you can turn off "use the numbers 1-9 in the icons of new VIs". Speeds up your icon editing a lot to not have that extra glyph sitting down there,

OK, My workflow to edit an icon usually starts with Ctrl+shift+delete. then grab a template and edit the icon.  Where did the "use numbers in icons" option slow me down?  To be totally honest, I've never really understood why that option existed except that I need to import MyTemplates (Icons) and MyGlyphs to every version of MyLabVIEW.  So, again, How do the numbers slow me down?

Spoiler
What am I doing diferent?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

Jeff: Clearly you're not using libraries. 🙂

JÞB
Knight of NI

Jeff: Clearly you're not using libraries. 🙂

Oh, I use them!  I still would rather work from MyIcon templates in MyLabVIEW and Ctrl+Shift+Delete is just too easy.  (I get to choose the banner color not you guys---- sometimes that can be a nice feature)

SO,  Ctrl+Shift+Delete away and get rid of all of those icon layers.  Did the number slow me down? What is wrong with "0" anyway? How about using "F?" 1-9 is limited.

And the Project Template Icons?  Really, Its a disaster to refactor those Icons in even a simple Plug-N-Play style Instrument Driver project.  I get one glyph?  It needs a bit of work before Ctrl+Shift+Delete works better.

AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

Um... that means you're getting rid of your own library's icon templates. Why would you want to do that?

JÞB
Knight of NI

Um... that means you're getting rid of your own library's icon templates. Why would you want to do that?

Because they suck.  Yup, I just out and out said it!

MyCore.vis usually have a look to their icons that resembles either a "While Loop" or have an "<<<" for FBN at the top.  The Library Template Banner is a pixel shy in height.

Sometimes Typing a white/Black memonic (Same letters offset +1Y-1X) in the banner helps offset the banner background. The "Shipped For Me" templates just don't stack up to "MyLabVIEW"

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined.