LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andy_glass

Alignment of controls and indicators within a tab control.

Any idea that has received less than 4 kudos within 4 years after posting will be automatically declined.

At present you can only select controls/indicators from a common tab. This proves to be a pain when trying to align items throuch the tab container. ie you have 3 identical test panels mounted in a tab container and you want to align them all. this can be quite pain staking and time consuming.

Please can you have a look in to this so I can align or format C or I within different tabs of a common tab container

Andy Glass

2 Comments
tst
Knight of NI Knight of NI
Knight of NI

What kind of UI do you have in mind for something like this? Manipulating objects which you can't see is probably not what I would consider a good UI experience.

Some points:

1. If you have snapping to the grid enabled (Ctrl+Shift+3), you get a certain amount of alignment out of that.
  2. I find it reasonably easy to place temporary objects outside of the tab control and align the elements in the different tabs to them.
  3. In programming, if you have the term "identical" rolling around, you should generally try to see what you can do to avoid duplication. In this case, it might be better to move the panel's code to a reentrant VI and open several copies of the VI. If you want to have them in the same front panel, you can use subpanels. This might require considerable changes to your code, but it does usually make it better and it would basically negate the need for your request.

Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 4 kudos within 4 years after posting will be automatically declined.