LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
CMW..

Advanced Key Binding

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined. 

Hey,

I was looking for a smart way to bind more than 1 key to a button.

I thougt about the menu "Advanced" -"Key Navigation". The selection there is only possible for one Key per button.

If you want more keys modifing a button you have to implement this,  using an event structure etc....

So the idea is as shown in the picture below:

You could add Key bindings for buttons to multiple Keys.

IdeaExchange3_1.png

Regards,

CMW..

5 Comments
AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

As LV R&D rep, I see no technical reason why we couldn't do this.

As a LV user, I see the need for this sort of thing to be so rare, I doubt LV would ever implement it, but maybe the groundswell of kudos will surprise me.

X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

I can think of one use case: when the user collapses head first on the keyboard, it triggers the "siren blare" button.

AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

X: That would be "and" functionality. I believe CWM is looking for "or" functionality -- just one of the set of keys needs to be hit, not all of them.

CMW..
That's right I was looking for the or functinality. Usecase is that we implement an end of line tester and we have an keyboard for the administrator and a two button device for the operator. This device is as well a keyboard with two buttons e.g. f5 and f10. So if i want to combine both "keyboards" it would be great to bind more keys to a button.admin presses enter, operator presses start (f5)results in same behavior... Siren blare.. would be the second thing i would implement with this function
Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined.