LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ian_Ren

Additional filter option for "Find and Replace" function to search for a subset of string, numeric, path type constants

Any idea that has received less than 4 kudos within 4 years after posting will be automatically declined.

I want to find string constants containing a particular word, say "LabVIEW", in my LabVIEW project. At moment, I can use "Find and Replace" to search for String Constant, but this returns all the string constants I used in my LabVIEW project. There are just too many of them. It would be really nice if there is a filter option where I can search for a particular subset of the string constant, for example, a particular field where I can enter <*LabVIEW*> to serach for string constants containing teh word "LabVIEW". The same applies to searching for path constant and numeric constant.

5 Comments
crossrulz
Knight of NI

There's an option at the top of the dialog to search for text.  Would this do it for you?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Ian_Ren

It does help a bit, but I think it would be really nice if you can define both "Object" and "Text" in one search

Active Participant

What I wouldn't give to be able to find and replace all instances of the DBL "1.01" with the UInt32 "7".

KathrynB

Actually an ability to search just front panels, just labels, just block diagrams, just constants, just strings, just paths rather than all of the above for strings in the find text option could be handy. It may be that the original idea isn't worded in the best way to get the aim of the combined 'object' and 'text' find and replace across, but that is a great concept.

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 4 kudos within 4 years after posting will be automatically declined.