From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senthil_Prakash

Add-ons Feature on VI Terminal

If the VI terminal is having 'Find Control' option lie Add Terminal, Remove Terminal then it would be easy to find the Controls which is located in the front panel.

Senthil Prakash S
Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer
9 Comments
RavensFan
Knight of NI

Can you explain this more clearly?

I don't understand what you are trying to do or how the current way LabVIEW does things is inadequate for your needs.

X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

Sounds like my comment to Terry_ALE's idea, but I may be wrong. In other words, "VI terminal" reads "Connector Pane".

Note that this is not "highlight" control... it is FIND control, which can be useful when said control is lost in no man's land...

Senthil_Prakash

In the VI connector pane in each connector there is a control or indicator associated(if it is connected), they say if connector pane is having 25 connectors which is connected with 25 controls or indicator, in that we cannot able to find where the control or indicator really located in front panel since it may be hidden or something.

Senthil Prakash S
Senthil_Prakash

find control in connector.png

Senthil Prakash S
Senthil_Prakash

The Picture shows Find Control/Indicator selection show user can fnd the item easily or otherwise double click on terminal to find the control or indicator.  Now only Selection of Control and Indicator if we click on the connector pane items or other

Senthil Prakash S
fabric
Active Participant

Sounds like this idea does what you want...

Senthil_Prakash

yes both option can be done

Senthil Prakash S
fabric
Active Participant

@thilprakash wrote:

yes both option can be done

The linked idea is more likely to get implemented if you give it your kudos! 🙂

Darren
Proven Zealot