LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sumedha

Add an option to enable setting the front panel/ block diagram default opening position in VI Properties --> Window Appearance

Any idea that has received less than 5 kudos within 5 years after posting will be automatically declined.

Whenever I have a couple of VIs open I drag and arrange them around the screen (/screens) for better visibility. I think it would be great if there was a way to have LabVIEW open the VIs at a specified position on the screen and not necessarily the last open position. (This would be useful while development especially if one plans to share these VIs with others.)

Sumedha Ganjoo | LabVIEW R&D
4 Comments
tst
Knight of NI Knight of NI
Knight of NI
The VI Windows don't open at the last open position. They open (or at least try to) at the position they were when they were saved. As long as no one saves them, they should keep opening there.

Thats true. But while developing VIs I save them a lot of times. It would be nice if you could make code changes and save a VI x number of times without having to make sure that the VI is located at the correct screen location every time.

It could just be me but while coding especially using two screens I end up messing up the front panel and block diagram location a lot of times 🙂

Sumedha Ganjoo | LabVIEW R&D
RavensFan
Knight of NI

This idea seems to be somewhat related to this idea.  We need to uncouple the "edit mode" FP size from the "run mode" FP size

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 5 kudos within 5 years after posting will be automatically declined.