NI Home > Community > NI Discussion Forums

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
We've turned on a search before post feature in the LabVIEW Idea Exchange. This new feature will help cut down on the number of duplicate ideas in this space!

The NI Idea Exchange is a product feedback forum where NI R&D and users work together to submit ideas, collaborate on their development, and vote for the ones they like best. View all of the NI Idea Exchanges to post an idea or add your opinion on an existing one today!
Sumedha

Add an option to enable setting the front panel/ block diagram default opening position in VI Properties --> Window Appearance

by Member Sumedha on ‎05-18-2011 03:46 PM

Whenever I have a couple of VIs open I drag and arrange them around the screen (/screens) for better visibility. I think it would be great if there was a way to have LabVIEW open the VIs at a specified position on the screen and not necessarily the last open position. (This would be useful while development especially if one plans to share these VIs with others.)

Comments
by Knight of NI on ‎05-19-2011 01:22 AM
The VI Windows don't open at the last open position. They open (or at least try to) at the position they were when they were saved. As long as no one saves them, they should keep opening there.
by Member Sumedha on ‎05-19-2011 10:46 AM

Thats true. But while developing VIs I save them a lot of times. It would be nice if you could make code changes and save a VI x number of times without having to make sure that the VI is located at the correct screen location every time.

It could just be me but while coding especially using two screens I end up messing up the front panel and block diagram location a lot of times :smileyhappy:

by Knight of NI on ‎05-19-2011 03:40 PM

This idea seems to be somewhat related to this idea.  We need to uncouple the "edit mode" FP size from the "run mode" FP size

Latest LabVIEW Idea Exchange Blog Posts
About LabVIEW Idea Exchange

Have a LabVIEW Idea?

1. Browse by label or search in the LabVIEW Idea Exchange to see if your idea has previously been submitted. If your idea exists be sure to vote for the idea by giving it kudos to indicate your approval!
  2. If your idea has not been submitted click Post New Idea to submit a product idea to the LabVIEW Idea Exchange. Be sure to submit a separate post for each idea.
  3. Watch as the community gives your idea kudos and adds their input.
  4. As NI R&D considers the idea, they will change the idea status.
  5. Give kudos to other ideas that you would like to see in a future version of LabVIEW!
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count